Thursday 14 January 2016

Becoming a Single Mom

Myself and My Daughter
It really is crazy how life works out sometimes! And yes, you read the title right, I am a Single Mom. My Daughter is 2 years old [almost 2 and 1/2 years] and I have been dating her father for 5 years going on 6. We lived together for a little over 2 years and unfortunately he had to move out. And with this, my life got a little bit tilted to the side. I am now Single parenting my Kbear full time and I am crazy exhausted. But through all this exhaustion, I still find time to squeeze in a little baking session with my Lil One :). Truthfully, this is something that we never imagined happen and when it did, both our cages were rattled.

Before we jump into conclusion, let me say that, just because myself and Kbear's Father don't live together anymore does not mean that we have broken up. We are still dating, only difference is that we live apart. See, the thing is, we have a house together that we have been renting out and due to unforeseen circumstances, our tenants had to move out. Because we didn't want to leave the house empty and open to risk of vandalism, My boyfriend had to go back and stay there. To be honest, I feel like this couldn't have come at a much better time. 

We both have been so busy with life that we pretty much almost lost touch with ourselves individually and we really needed the time apart to just reflect on our achievements and assess our goals. This might sound crazy because, being a single parent takes up just about every minute of ones time however, with the right schedule one copes just fine - [Post about how I cope will follow soon]. Don't get me wrong, it is still extremely challenging and energy taxing but I am sitting here writing this post at 10pm at night and i'm just fine. My boyfriend visits and spends every weekend with us and we make the best of that time. Only now we realise the value each one of us has been adding to another's life!
But like they say, You never know what you have till it's gone!

I'm sorry this was a bit of a soppy and personal post. Sometimes I just need to have adult conversations and this is the only place I have to do so. But If you enjoy reading these, be sure to follow my blog on Bloglovin' (https://www.bloglovin.com/mommyandbabyapproved) to get notifications each time I post a blog then sit back and relax because I'm about to shower you with a lot of soppy personal posts. 

However, if you do not enjoy such posts, please just bear with me as I try to wrap my head around my situation and get a grip on being a Single Mom.

Hope you enjoyed reading this and until then, I'll see you later.

xoxo
Oluv