Tuesday 24 November 2015

Super Easy and Moist Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Flavoured Frosting

Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon flavoured frosting
So I have officially become extremely obsessed with baking cupcakes. To even think that this all started as a way for me to have my me-time and to unwind from the craziness of life!! For a very long time, I wanted to eat lemon cupcakes so badly but unfortunately I could not find them anywhere. So I decided to try and make them myself. Lucky for me, I found Laura Vitale and her incredible recipes and yep, I finally got a chance to bake the yummy cupcakes that i've been wanting for so long. To be honest, I changed the recipe ingredients here and there based on what I had in the fridge and I was absolutely proud of myself.

What you will need:
Lemon Cupcakes Ingredients

  • 1 & 1/2  Cup all purpose flour
  • 1 Cup sugar (I used Brown Sugar)
  • 1 tsp of Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp of Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 Full Cream Milk (Can use low fat)
  • 1/2 Baking Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 1 tsp Lemon Juice
  • 2 tsp Lemon Zest
Lemon Flavoured Frosting Ingredients

Please note that I do not have any specific measurements that I follow to make my frosting. I make sure that I make enough based on how much I need and continue to add more or less until I reach my desired consistence.
  • 1/2 Cup Butter (Or less depending on how much frosting you need)
  • Icing Sugar
  • Pinch of Salt
  • Full Cream Milk
  • 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 tsp Lemon Essence
Be sure to watch the video below for instructions / method on how to mix the ingredients. Happy baking and enjoy the treats.
xoxo
Oluv