Friday 20 March 2015

Simple Easter Cupcakes

What's Easter without a little Sugar?


I have recently come to terms with the realization that I actually have a sweet tooth and guess what....I love it. Yaaaaaay :)
So to feed this interesting or rather fun disease of mine, I ventured into baking!! Pretty obvious, right. To be honest, I never imagined myself actually baking let alone eating the goodies that I bake. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't do it, it's rather because I've always imagined myself being very lazy to do it. Anyway through all the odds I got up and did it and I can say without doubt that I really truly love it. (See below some of the goodies I've baked so far :) )

Anyways, as we know that Easter is fast approaching, I took some time during the week to bake some basic and yet delicious Vanilla cupcakes with a touch of Easter. 
Unfortunately my daughter was asleep so she could not join me but she definitely was happy to eat the cupcakes when she woke up. After seeing the huge delight on her face from just 1 bite, I thought I should share this recipe with you guys.

Recipe
  • 1 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 3/4 Cup Milk
  • 3/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Butter softned
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
Method

Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, sugar,egg, milk, and vanilla essence together. Combine the Flour mixture and the butter mixture together until mixed well. Divide your batter into your well greased cupcake tray/ cupcake cups and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.



Frosting Recipe
Butter, Icing sugar, Milk, and Vanilla essence (optional)

Cream butter in a bowl using a fork or electric mixer. Gradually add Icing sugar and mix. Add a little bit of milk or Vanilla essence and continue to mix until you reach your desired consistency.

Check out the Video below for visual instructions :)
Above all this, make sure you enjoy your yummy cupcakes and don't forget to take the lil one pictures as they take the first bite...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment